Hotels in Nuevitas | Camaguey, Cuba | Cubabeds
Nuevitas in Camaguey Cuba - a port city with beautiful beaches
Nuevitas in Camaguey, Cuba, is a municipality and port city, also agro-industrial and fishing oriented in the Province of Camaguey.
The great bay was discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1492, during his first voyage.
In 1514Don Diego de Velázquez tried to found a town in the same place visited by Columbus, but the harsh natural conditions were not conducive.
It was founded in 1775 and by 1780 it was a coastal port and in 1783 it had a customs office.
In 1828 the town changed its name to the current one, San Fernando de Nuevitas. It obtained the title of city in 1886.
Nuevitas is not a very big city, but it has great importance for Cuba due to its commercial and industrial activity.
It is located near Santa Lucía Beach, the main tourist pole and one of the most famous in Cuba.
Recreation Places in Nuevitas
Nuevitas has several recreational options:
- The Malecón-Patana complex
- El Balkán nightclub,
- The 3D cinema of Nuevitas
- La Colonia Beach
- Varaderito Beach
- House of culture
- The Caonaba hotel's nightclub, among others, are places of preference for young people from Nuevitas.
Tourism in Nuevitas
It has the main tourist pole called Playa Santa Lucía and with other establishments that we can cite below:
- Marina Marlin
- Diving center
- Show with Sharks
Heritage of the city Nuevitas in Camaguey
- Parish of Nuestra Señora de la Caridad de Nuevitas (Its construction began in 1871 and ended in 1878)
- Municipal Museum of Nuevitas (It was inaugurated on August 18, 1981)
- Municipal Historical Archive (Institution attached to CITMA in charge of methodologically directing the document management policy in the territory of Nuevitas and the municipalities of Minas and Sierra de Cubitas)
- Casa de la Cultura Building (It was built in 1922 with the aim of serving as a recreation center for Spanish citizens residing in the city. Known as La Colonia Española.)
- Aurelia Castillo Elementary School (The school was founded in 1908, as the Aurelia Castillo National School)